You might be in the insurance industry if…
1. Â Â You have sat in the same desk for 4 years and worked for 3 different companies.
2. Â Â Your resume is on a diskette in your pocket.
3. Â Â When someone asks what you do for a living, you lie.
4. Â Â You get really excited about a 2% pay raise.
5. Â Â Your biggest loss from a system crash is that you lose your best jokes.
6. Â Â You sit in a cubicle smaller than your bedroom closet.
7. Â Â It’s dark on your drive to and from work.
8. Â Â Fun is when issues are assigned to someone else.
9. Â Â Communication is something your “group” is having problems with.
10. You see a good-looking person and know it is a visitor.
11. Free food left over from meetings is your main staple.
12. Art involves a white board.
13. All real work is done prior to 9:00 AM and after 5:00 PM.
14. You’re already late on the assignment you just received.
15. Dilbert is your favorite cartoon.
16. Your boss’s favorite lines are …
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â “when you get a few minutes …”
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â “in your spare time …”
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â “when you’re freed-up …”
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â “I have an opportunity for you …”
17. More than 10% of the people in your company do not know what you do.
18. Vacation is something you rollover to next year or a check you get every January.
19. Change is the norm.
20. Nepotism is encouraged.
21. You read this entire list and understand it.